10 Months/10 Submissions
10 MONTHS/10 SUBMISSIONS:
(facilitated by Sue Reynolds)
WEDNESDAY EVENINGS, Online, biweekly, 6:30 – 9:00 pm. EST
(First class September 16th, 2020; final class June 23rd, 2021)
Have you been working on your writing, but you’re not submitting for publication because you’re not confident your work is ready?
Are you afraid that your work is predictable, one dimensional, or that your writing voice is not developed and versatile enough?
Do you feel your writer’s resume is lacking? When you send your work to agent’s and publishers and it comes to the part about filling out your writer’s bio, are you embarrassed or unsure about your lack of formal credentials?
Ten Months Ten Submissions is a September to June program for accountability in both production and submission.
In this workshop you will:
- Produce and polish new work on a regular biweekly schedule.
- Learn through studying solid examples in various genres, and through workshopping the pieces of your colleagues, as well as having your own work workshopped.
- Learn how to discern what the themes are in your short pieces and how to strengthen that element in each one, so that the pieces have a strong through line that satisfies a reader.
- Learn how to identify material that already exists in your longer projects, how to carve it out and polish it into a standalone that is ready for submission.
- Learn how to find and identify contests and calls for submission that are suited to your work.
- Create a regular submission schedule so that you always have work “out there”—then when you do get a rejection, you’re resilient and ready to send it out to the next appropriate venue.
- You will expand your voice and your writing capacity through exploring new forms – poetry, flash prose, braided creative non-fiction, experimental prose forms.
And all of this in the supportive community environment of an AWA Method-based workshop.
Registration coming soon. This workshop is based on the A Novel Approach model. Please go to ANovelApproach.net to read more.