This one-on-one consultation is available for Fiction, Memoir and Non-Fiction.
The author provides a printed copy of the manuscript.
(If a manuscript is sent in a digital format, an extra fee of $30.00 will be charged for Inkslingers to print it.)
Within 30 days:
– The facilitator reviews and makes comments/suggestions on the printed manuscript.
– A minimum two page written review of strengths and areas for improvement is prepared. The focus of this review concentrates on the substantive elements of good story such as plot structure, pacing, characterization and scene development.
– The facilitator conducts a follow-up 60 minute discussion (either by telephone or in person) to celebrate the strengths with the author, answer any questions and discuss the review.
If Fiction, Memoir or Non-Fiction:
The Cost is $300.00 (+ HST) for the first 150 pages (a maximum of 40,000 words).
A fee of $1.50/page is charged starting on page 151.
The industry definition of a MANUSCRIPT PAGE:
- Text is double spaced
- 12 point Times New Roman (or similar) font
- 1 inch margins on all sides
- Printed on only one side of the page
(approximately 250 words/page)
If you have any questions please contact us.
ASK US ABOUT A CUSTOMIZED APPROACH TO SUIT YOUR NEEDS:
If you would like support for the completion of your manuscript and you need an alternative approach, please contact us with the details. We would be happy to work with you to customize the best solution.
Please note that this is not a copy editing review. Although the facilitator may identify any recurring grammar, spelling and sentence structure issues found, these copy editing recommendations are not meant to be exhaustive. If you would like a copy edit performed on your manuscript, please contact us for a recommendation.